Thursday, April 07, 2016

THREE WAYS OF LOOKING AT ME: A CENTO

§

Today, a cento. A cento is a poem made of of lines (or fragments of lines) taken from other poems. In today's prompt, by Simone Muench, the trick is to use lines from poems of your own.

And so we have:

Three Ways of Looking at Me

i
Up-past-bedtime friend
invites me to play
in the room where you work.
Someday you may want to downsize.

ii
There’s always singing.
We listen for awhile
searching, perhaps,
suddenly hopeful.

iii
Each year I long for spring
off the coast of South America.
I want to write,
leave a light on all day.
I no longer answer the phone,
don’t want to hear the sound.


                 

Source poems (all by me):

i
1. Book
2. Almost Full
3. In the Room Where You Work
4. Be

ii
1. Fences
2. Silent Night
3. The Limping Egret
4. A New Vocabulary

iii
1. Stones For a Fire Pit
2. What's Best For Us
3. As Are We All
4. Take a Chance
5. Bad Habits
6. Ten Ways I'd Prefer Not to Die

§


No comments: